Tuesday 30 December 2014

A Non-Frivolous 2015?


Hmmm...  As I started writing this post, I had a sense of déjà vu.  Like I had written it already, perhaps in a dream?  Actually, no.  It wasn't a dream.  It was on 14th January last year, when I put together a similar sort of 'I will not be frivolous' wishlist and committed to spending money on our house. 

Well, money did get spent on the house and things are coming along nicely but somehow, 2014 proved to be a ridiculously frivolous year.  I've lost count of the new make up and skincare products I've purchased, my nail polish collection is literally overflowing, my wardrobe has had more than just a 'little' update and there has been not one, not two but THREE new handbags that have made their home in the Handbag Room.  Don't get me wrong, I'm over the moon with the things I have bought and I can honestly say, there hasn't been anything I've bought that hasn't been used, so I've definitely become more considered in my purchases but the amount of purchasing hasn't been reduced as much as I'd hoped! 

So, for the second year running, I've put together a little 'Not-So-Spend-Happy Wishlist' for 2015.  Some considered, investment pieces, a couple of not-so-expensive pieces and a 'memories that'll last a lifetime' trip. 


Muubaa Leather Jacket - I have a £50 faux-leather biker jacket from Miss Selfridge that I have lived in for past three years.  I love that it goes with anything, that the most glamourous of outfits can instantly be grunged-up with this thrown over the shoulders and that it actually manages to keep me warm when the weather starts to turn a little chillier.  This particular style of jacket pops up, without fail, every year, so I think it's safe to say it's become a 'classic' piece. With all that said, my current staple is getting a little past it's best and is coming up to needing replacing and I'd like to do that with a real leather jacket, that should, hopefully, last me decades.  I've read a lot of good things about Muubaa and although this particular jacket is a lot more costly than my Miss Selfridge option, I'm hoping the quality of the leather and the manufacture will justify the price tag.  I'm already in love with the brand just from the amazing-ness of the fitting guide on their website - a dream come true for someone who is bigger on top than her waist suggests she should be - sizing is usually a nightmare!! 

Mulberry Medium Lily - This moved on to my wishlist at the latter end of this year but a trip to the Mulberry outlet at Bicester in October saw Lily bumped down a place when I fell in love with a gorgeous green Bayswater, on offer for half price.  Don't get me wrong, I truly love my new Bays but there is definitely a 'black bag with gold chain' shaped hole in my collection so I'd like to add this before the end of next year.

Clarisonic Mia 2 - Part of my frivolous purchasing this year has actually resulted in me finding a skincare regime that works for my temperamental oily/combination skin but I've read so many good reviews about the Clarisonic that I really want to give it a go.  I'm happy with the condition my skin is in now but I still get a few blemishes and oily patches, which I'm hoping this might sort out.  There's so many of these types of brushes out there at the moment but a little bit of research suggests that this one is the original and the best, so this is the one I'm going to plump for. 

Acqua di Parma, Fico di Amalfi - Apparently this is a men's fragrance, according to almost everyone except the actual Acqua di Parma website?  I got given a sample of this with the usual Christmas 'you've bought a perfume, have lots of testers' bag full and decided to give it a go (it didn't say men's on the sample!).  I have completely fallen in love with the fragrance.  It's so soft and fig-gy and coconut-ty and makes me think of sunshine and beaches and all sorts of tropical loveliness.  It was one of those smells that I put on in the morning and all day kept thinking 'what's that gorgeous smell? - oh, it's me!'.  It's a very feminine man's scent, imo, so I would have no issues wearing this myself and will definitely be buying a bottle before the summer. 

Tiffany & Co, Tiffany Hearts Arrow Pendant - Probably something I would prefer to have bought for me, rather than by me but this gorgeous little necklace makes me smile when I look at it and keeping with the 'non-frivoulous' theme, would go with anything.  I'd like it to be on a slightly shorter chain, so it sits tighter around my neck but I'm pretty sure it could be shortened to the right length and either way, long or short, it would still look lovely! 

New York - This is definitely not a frivolous purchase.  In October, Hubs and I will have been married for 5 years and we really want to do something special to celebrate it.  Neither of us have ever been to NYC and it's definitely high up on our 'places to visit' list, so to celebrate a milestone anniversary there would be amazing.  Unfortunately, it might not happen this year.  Due to other pre-booked holidays (our rescheduled Cancun trip, the Silverstone Grand Prix and two weddings) we're running a little bit short of 'annual leave' days, plus we've got our Eurovision holiday to fit in...  So, The Big Apple might have to wait but if we can fit it in I will be a very, very happy girl. 

So there we go, another non-frivolous wishlist for another year.  I can't believe how quickly 2014 has passed by...  It doesn't seem like 2 minutes since I was sat on the sofa typing last years version!  

There won't be another post from me until 2015 so I'd like to take this opportunity to wish you a very Happy New Year, full of good health, happiness and love.  

Have you got any exciting plans for NYE?  Do you have a 2015 wishlist? I'd love to read about them, so leave me a comment!  

Aimee x


No comments:

Post a Comment