Saturday 29 November 2014

Christmas Wishlist

       Christmas Wishlist





                 


I've actually been on it this year and have all my Christmas shopping done, bar a couple of little stocking fillers I'm planning on getting during some late-night shopping next week.  Last year I was that girl who was running round just before Christmas and panic wrapping on Christmas Eve!  Not something I was looking to repeat.

All the Black Friday madness yesterday got me thinking about my own wishlist for what I'm hoping to find under the not-yet-erected Christmas Tree (that's a job for tomorrow!) on Christmas Day.  I'm not going to lie, I have already dropped big hints about these but figured I could still put them all together in a pretty collage and it might inspire you if you're stuck for ideas to buy for someone or it might even inspire present ideas for yourself.

Elie Saab Intense Parfum -  My taste in perfume has changed a lot over the past year or so...  I've always favoured sweet, fruity scents (Marc Jacobs Daisy, Dot, YSL Elle, etc.) but over the past few months I've definitely moved towards more musky 'grown up' smells.  This Elie Saab perfume falls firmly in to the 'grown up' category and I love it.  This could easily be my new signature scent!  There's a great gift set in places like Debenhams and House of Fraser that comes with a travel-size spray of the perfume too, for the same price as just the perfume - perfect for continuing to smell lovely when you're out and about!

Nars Virtual Dominance Blush Palette  - Deep Throat and Laguna were both on my beauty wishlist so, to see that Nars have brought these two out, almost full size, in one palette plus they've included another two blushes and a highlighter??  It was a no-brainer for going on this list.   It's Limited Edition though and I'm expecting it will sell out, so I'm not sure if I'm going to be lucky enough to nab one.  Fingers crossed!!

Chanel Sleep Eye Mask -  Okay, so this definitely won't end up under my tree.  Firstly, it's Chanel and is uber expensive and secondly, I think this particular one is from about 3 years ago and can't be bought any more.  However, I did find this one on Etsy that's similar, available and will do lots less damage to a bank account - perfect!  I've got one eye on planning for my February holiday to Mexico and would love this for the plane.

Teddy Dressing Gown -  I don't think I need to write anything about why I would like this.  Just two words; ridiculously cute.

This Works Deep Sleep Pillow Spray - I've not been sleeping too well recently, so anything that helps with that is welcomed with open arms.  Plus, again, I'm thinking about that plane journey - a little spritz of this should help me catch my much-needed 40 winks!  The full size of this product is quite expensive for something that I don't know will work for me, so these little sample sizes will be perfect to give it a go. 

Estee Lauder Stress Relief Eye Mask  - This pesky lack-of-sleep is causing some unwelcome eye bags.  A little bit of relaxation and these little guys under my eyes and I'm hoping we can eliminate them!  I think these might be a bit too urgently needed to wait until Christmas, so I might just be popping these in my Boots basket a little bit sooner. 

Anya Hindmarch Inflight Case  - I saw this on missglamorazzi's You Tube channel and fell in love with it.  Firstly, it's Anya Hindmarch so there's an element of cuteness to it (one side's labelled 'Touch Down' and one side's labelled 'Take Off' = cute!) but secondly, it's very practical.  At the moment I put all my liquids in a plastic food back (readily available from a supermarket near you) and by the time I've pulled it in and out of my holdall a few times it's tatty, falling to pieces and just looks scruffy.  This will continue to look chic, no matter how many times it's in and out of my bag.  I'm just hoping the nice airport officials agree it's 'airport approved' but might just take a reserve plastic bag with me the first time, just incase! 

OPI The Bearest Of Them All - Every Christmas has to include at least one nail polish and what could be better than this OPI that comes with a free tree decoration, in the shape of a polar bear?!  The polish itself is a little different with red and white glitter, interspersed with little red hearts.  Not a polish for every day sophisticated wear but great for a little bit of fun during the festivities.

Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire - I know, another perfume!  This comes back to my 'grown up scents' point, so I'm trying to collect a few of those sorts of smells.  I got a little sample of this perfume and wore if for work one day.  It gave me a very strange feeling, like I was constantly wrapped up in a blanket and everything was safe and warm...  I know that sounds weird, I'm hoping it's because the scent just reminds me of something comforting from the past but it was very, very calming.  Added to that, it smells proper lovely too! 

So there we go, a little collection of things that I hope might end up under my tree.  Honestly, I wouldn't care if nothing was under the tree, as long as we were all together and there were some roast potatoes on the table...  Although, with DH and me cooking the Christmas dinner this year, there is a chance the potatoes might be more 'cremated' than roasted, but who cares?  It's Christmas! 

I'd love to see your wishlists so if there's one on your blog, leave the link below. 

Thanks for reading. 

Aimee x

No comments:

Post a Comment