Saturday 4 January 2014

Hello Hermès!

I can't believe Christmas and the New Year celebrations are over already!  The Christmas tree comes down tomorrow (I leave it until the very last day!), then there's the first full week back at work next week and it's well and truly back to reality!  

Before the festive season becomes a memory for another year, I'm going to take a quick moment to share the wonderful Christmas presents my mum and husband gifted me this year. 


A 90 cm silk twill Hermes 'Mexique' scarf...


...And a 'Jumble' scarf ring, in Palladium (thanks mum!). 


We're heading on holiday to Mexico in April, for the second time, and it's a place I have absolutely fallen in love with, so it seems appropriate that my first Hermès scarf was inspired by such a beautiful country.  This wasn't a surprise gift, as I'd been with Hubs when he'd bought it in Copenhagen, but it made it all the more special that I had been in the boutique when it was purchased. 

My photography skills don't show the true saturation of this colour way.  The reds, greens and yellows violently clash against each other, but somehow it works! 



Hermès scarves are hand rolled and I find it lovely to think that there's been a lot of care and attention put in to making such a beautiful piece. 


There's a big difference in the saturation of the colouring on the back and front, which makes it a bit difficult for an amateur like me to tie properly!  I somehow always manage to have the dull side facing outwards, no matter how I do it, but with a little bit of pulling and shuffling it is easily fixed.  

Please excuse the terrible pics - taken in my pjs! Focus on the scarf. :) 

I love the way a different part of the design shows through with every different style, it's like wearing a different scarf every time.  

As you can see, I've been trying out some different tying ideas, but would appreciate any suggestions to really show this scarf off in the best way.  Step-by-step instructions would also be welcomed! :) 

Aimee x















No comments:

Post a Comment