Monday 16 June 2014

China Glaze 'For Audrey'

My favourite film ever is Breakfast at Tiffany's, my favourite actress ever is Audrey Hepburn (I knew all the words to My Fair Lady at a very young age!) and I spend hours of my life painting my nails.  So, when I saw on Instagram that there was a product that paid homage to these three things, it only took me 30 seconds to log on to eBay and hit the 'Checkout' button. 

I am, of course, talking about the China Glaze 'For Audrey' nail polish - said to be the perfect 'Tiffany' blue.  

Now, when it comes to nail polish I am (usually) completely faithful to OPI as I love their formula, colour range and Pro-Wide brush but since they don't make a colour that combines three of my favourite things, I decided to 'cheat'. 

And I'm so pleased I did!! 



First off, the formula was amazing.  The picture above is after 2 coats but it was completely opaque, with no streaks, after the first coat and I could have easily slopped some Seche Vite on top and happily left it like that.  I put the second coat on because my nails are a little ridgy at the moment and an extra coat helped to smooth them out.  

Secondly - the colour. I ran up the stairs in excitement before my top coat was even dry and grabbed a Tiffany box!  


Okay, so in some lights it looks better than others but I don't think anyone could deny that this is as near a perfect match as anyone could get?!  The same bluey-green hues, the same somehow-bright-but-somehow-pastel sort of shade.  I am in love!!  Next time I use this colour I will definitely be a couple of white bows painted on to my fingernails... just to keep with the theme! 

Finally, the wear time...  I always struggle with nail polish lasting.  I don't know whether I have oily nails that stop the lacquer sticking properly, or whether it's having a job where most of my time is spent typing but I am lucky if I get 2-3 days good wear before the nail polish remover has to make an appearance.  I got 4 days out of 'For Audrey' which, for me, is excellent.


To round up - this polish is brilliant.  I received so many compliments while it was on my nails and people recognised the colour immediately.  I've been so impressed by the quality and formula of this China Glaze polish that I have officially become a convert.  I guess I'm 'breaking up' with OPI for a little while to see what else CG have to offer...  Any suggestions for 'must try' colours would be much appreciated! 

On a side note - am I the only person that cries for about an hour when they go looking for Cat in the rain at the end of Breakfast at Tiffany's??  I think I actually cry less at Titanic

Thanks for reading. 

Aimee xx



No comments:

Post a Comment