Monday 16 June 2014

Life Lately

It's been almost 6 months since I posted anything... I can't quite get my head around the fact that we are halfway through the year already!  I'm already starting to plan Christmas - too soon, I know! 

Reading one of my last posts, it seems I jinxed myself by committing to posting twice a week... 'regularly'.  Truth be told, I don't think I have enough going on in my life 'regularly' to fill up a whole two posts a week!  My weeks are filled with full time work where, generally, the most exciting thing that happens is negotiating a saving on our copier contract (whoop!) and my uniform is navy pants and a white blouse, so frequent OOTD posts would get pretty boring pretty quickly!  I have a husband who, although generally fabulous, is reluctant to stand around taking photos of me when I am in my non-work clothes and a mirror that shows the mess that is our bedroom when I try and take a selfie! 

To cut a long story short - I made myself feel like I *had* to write posts, which took the fun out of it very quickly... Especially when there was no one reading them! (Blogger now tells me my page has had 892 views since it set up, so 'hi!' to anyone who stopped by.  I love reading other people's blogs and there's lots of stuff I do have to blog about, so I'm just going to jot things down on here as-and-when the inspiration strikes rather than try and have a schedule!  

There's been a lot of stuff going on since my last post though... A manager in a department at work got rushed in to hospital and a week later the only other person in that department also got ill leaving *no one* to cover.  So, I somehow ended up stepping in and managing the department for two months, even though I had no idea what I was doing... And, to my complete joy, the department made a good profit each month! Yay!  I totally enjoyed it and loved the sense of achievement (and the thanks from my boss!) that I got at the end of it. 

What else has happened?... Oh, we were supposed to go to Mexico on 5th April, with my in-laws but we found out 2 weeks before we were due to fly that my father-in-law needed urgent surgery, so the holiday was postponed until February next year instead, when he'll be fit and well to come with us.  I'm on countdown already. 

I also had a birthday.  26!  I actually feel a bit old now but I'm enjoying it!  I'm looking forward to turning 30 in four years time and doing something completely fabulous to mark the occasion!  We spent this birthday day in Edinburgh, had lunch at Kitchin and finally bought my Neverfull!  I don't know why I waited so long.... I am completely in love! 

Anyway, this post is turning in to a long one so here's some iPhone snapshots to catch up on the past few months...


1.  Enjoying some sunshine in the Lake District, even though it was still freezing! // 2.  Beautiful birthday presents from my lovely mum - who reads my blog and had ticked off most of the items on my Wishlist (thanks mum! x) // 3. My gorgeous Neverfull in Damier Ebene and the bandeau gifted by Hubs // 4.  Following a YouTube tutorial to shell and prep a cooked lobster - and being totally successful! // 5.  Harry the Cat being adorable, as always // 6. Finally watching 'Frozen' and spending days warbling 'let it goooooo...' afterwards // 7.  A 15-year old Tag Heuer watch that I refuse to take off my wrist // 8.  Embracing my geeky side with some Gok Wan glasses // 9.  The yummiest sliders from Eaten by Monsters //. 10.  Working through my Kitchin cookbook and loving every meal so far // 11.  Breaking in my Converse (in pjs - obvs!)


1.  Giggles at a wedding in April // 2.  Harry the Cat hiding in my wardrobe, looking slightly demonic! // 3.  Because it's perfectly normal to take a selfie with the cat! // 4.  A little mini Danish-inspired smorgasbord to watch Eurovision with // 5. Some simple nail art with OPI // 6.  All dressed up for an amazing black tie do // 7.  Not Dior but I love them! // 8.  A traffic jam selfie, featuring my Mexico-themed scarf

So there we are... A ridiculously long post and a proper catch up.  If there's anyone who's managed to read this far through my ramblings - well done and thank you! :) I'm sure the next post will be shorter... I actually have a couple of things I want to post about, so it shouldn't be a 6 month wait until the next one! 

Aimee xx



No comments:

Post a Comment